Friday, May 21, 2004

Busy, Busy, Busy

Quick update, I didn't want people to think that I was having this baby when I am not yet :-) Today was a full and busy day, lots of running around and I didn't even get any gardening done. Which is unusual for me.

I took Kate into the allergist to have a checkup for her eczema and asthma. Basically no new developments there, but her ears were clear, which is a relief after about 5 months of fluid in them. Afterwards she had some pizza in the hospital restaurant, she loves to have that special time out after a dr's visit.

In the afternoon, it was time for ballet, which I had almost forgotten about, because I was so concentrated on the dr's visit. Luckily I remembered in time. She enjoyed herself, and I got to run some errands while she was at ballet.

Then later in the afternoon, my friend from Canada arrived with six of her ten kids. I hadn't seen her for quite a long time, so I was glad she finally managed to make it down here again. The kids ran around, played together, we even had a birthday cake for one of her kids. Now, after midnight, the house finally is quiet, I don't think every one is asleep yet, but at least most of them should be by now.

I actually managed to have one contraction during a walk today! It was when I went uphill fast, after walking in a slower tempo for a while (because we had a toddler with us). So maybe things are happening? OK, maybe not :-)

Birthday cake!


No comments: