Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sylvia Mommy!

Sylvia has been really into labeling things lately, in a possessive manner. We live in 'Sylvia house', her sister is 'Sylvia Lala', and I am 'Sylvia mama'. She wasn't sure whether I got the message correctly, so the last few days she has been talking about me as 'Sylvia mama! Not Karen!' Symbolic how it sometimes is easy to lose your identity as a person, and be only what others define you as. Of course, she doesn't see those implications, but it made me muse philosophically about it.

The neighbor kids like coming over to my house and eating my homemade bread. They call it 'Karen bread'. Of course, Sylvia now has to set them straight. 'Not Karen bread! Mama bread!'

She has been talking so much lately, I love hearing more and more language emerge. She makes long and full sentences now, and talks about things which has happened in the past or are going to happen in the future.

No comments: