Monday, February 12, 2007

Unexpected Find

Yet another of unexpected places geocaching got us to. Yesterday, while finishing up eight more pages of the Delorme challenge, we came upon this beautiful house.



This is the house where Rudyard Kipling used to live when he was writing the Jungle Book. Not only did he live there, but he built it himself, with the help of his brother-in-law. Two daughters where born while they lived in Vermont.

There were a few separate buildings, I really liked this one.



The views from the house are stunning.





I never knew Rudyard Kipling lived in Vermont. That's one of the many things I love about geocaching, learning more about historical people and locations. It makes me want to do research on more famous people who have lived in Vermont over time and think about caches to help other people learn about them.

Lots more geocaching yesterday, but I'll study more go before I dig up more pictures and stories. Today, I briefly considered trying to get a FTF on a new cache, but I decided a quiet day at home wasn't a bad thing either ^^

2 comments:

Miss Notesy said...

Beautiful! You are seriously making me want one of those thingies. I love reading your posts about all the cool places you go!

Me said...

That house just makes me want to pack up and move right in! :)