Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Six Inches and counting

Yes, snow definitely has started. We are up to about 6 to 8 inches (15 to 20 cm) and it will be coming down till around 6am tomorrow morning. We have been upgraded to a Blizzard warning. All the picutures have been made this morning, within the last half hour.

Blizzard Warning

Statement as of 4:20 AM EST on February 14, 2007

The National Weather Service in gray has issued a Blizzard Warning... which is in effect until 5 am EST Thursday. The Winter Storm Warning has been cancelled.

Snowfall totals will range from 8 to 12 inches along the coast and 16 to 24 inches in the mountains and foothills today through late tonight. Sleet and freezing rain may mix with the snow at times near the coast. A thunderstorm is also possible.

East to northeast winds will gust to 40 mph at times... especially along the immediate coast and in the higher terrain. The heavy snowfall combined with blowing snow will result in blizzard conditions from later this afternoon into the late evening hours. This will cause extremely dangerous travel conditions.

Power outages may also occur due to the combination of strong winds and heavy accumulations of snow on power lines and tree limbs.




The kids have been entertaining themselves indoors, although Tim went outside to go sledding. He had fun, but said it was very cold.



Luckily we got all the fixings for a Valentine's Day party, which seems a perfect way to spend a blizzardy day. All our normal activities have been canceled. No LLL meeting. No homeschool meeting. No aikido. Heck, I won't even go out geocaching!



Over the last few days, I have been digging through old posts and added some to my blog. I started blogging in 1993, but I thought it would be nice for the kids to have some older history too. Check out the 1998 and 1999 archives to see what I came up with. I hope to add a lot more of those older ones, and if I get really organized, I will add more pictures too (bwahahaha, me and organized!)



Early this morning, Tim said he was going outside, so Sylvia added that she was going outside too. I told her it was really cold outside and that she might want to re-think that. She told me reassuringly 'It's ok, mama, I'll get the moon outside!'

Heh!? That was a new one, I guess she knows that something warms up the Earth, but is mixing up sun and moon? Sometimes I wish I would know what goes on in her head.

No comments: