Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Television Room

Blogger finally is cooperating again, so posting some pictures of the television room. This is what it looked like before we started. Notice that I can't even totally open the door, because of the crap behind it.





After spending a frantic day cleaning and decluttering, this is what it looks like now. I didn't go through the shelves yet, this was mostly the floor and behind the piano. My kids think it's cleaning up if you throw all the stuff behind the piano, because then it won't be visible...

The kids also think that if you just drop an apple core, it will go away by itself. I know for sure nobody is willing to touch it anymore after it has been on the floor for a few hours. During cleanup, I learned what those apple cores turn into after months of neglect...



On Thursday, my friend will come over to stay at my house before we go off to go workshop on Friday. Now he will actually be able to walk into this room. Today, I got a new air mattress for him to use, since the old one had been destroyed by overuse of the kids.



I love getting little bits and pieces of my house clean and organized. I just wish it wasn't so much work ^^ Today, Tara worked herself through the hallway closet, and we filled yet another trash bag to take to the dump.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! It is a lot of worth, but the results are worth it.

Anonymous said...

I am really impressed! Wow. Another great lookign room in your house. I can't wait until next week to see it.

By the way if you use one of those newer air mattresses, I've found they can be cold to sleep on. Covering the mattress with a wool blanket before you put the sheets on seems to help. And does one of those egg crate foam mattress thingies.