Friday, October 20, 2006

More Homesickness

And yet again, I spent the night driving to my friend's house ^^. This time her son was supposed to sleep over at our house, but got homesick at 10:30pm. Oh well, I didn't mind, I mostly was amused about doing this two nights in a row.

It has been raining a lot and we have leakage in the basement. Blech. It's such a pain to deal with. Maybe some day we should get it fixed, but somehow it feels like an expensive job. We did get a new roof though, I am happy about that. The roof was 28 years old and was supposed to last only 20 years. It was starting to show signs of detoriation and I was really afraid it would have problems during the winter. I am glad we got it done.

Today we'll go out to buy winter boots, always an expensive trip. I am sooooooooooooooooo not looking forward to winter! But after that, it's time for aikido, which I still love and I still suck at.

2 comments:

Alice the Brit said...

you are a better woman/mum than me!! mind you none of my kids are the homesick type, melanie did wait YEARS compared to the others to sleepover somewhere... I have had other kids mums come to pick up their kids at times.

Chantay Smithingell said...

You were very lucky that the roof lasted for more than it was expected to. That means you did a great job in taking care of your house. At the first sign of leaks or any damage, you should not think twice in getting a repair as this may aggravate the damage and bring the whole house down, that is, figuratively speaking.