Saturday, July 24, 2004

Sylvia

Decluttering

Another Friday without volunteers, but I did get some stuff done anyway! I managed to throw away two garbage bags full of thrash/papers/broken toys/whatevers. Two bags full of things that I will NEVER see again! I ran around like crazy when Sylvia was sleeping on her own for a bit. Had to be careful not to show the kids that I got rid of some of the 6,861 drawings that are cluttering the floors. But I did it, nobody even noticed anything missing! Phew! This felt good.

I was totally drenched in sweat afterwards, it was raining today, but still too hot. Some day I want an air conditioner! I really would like a whole house a/c some day, we have forced hot air, so I think it shouldn't be too hard to also have a/c connected to that for the summer. Of course, there is no way I want to spend the money right now, paying off the mortgage just is higher on my priority list, but some day, we will be cool! :-)

Cees is going on camp this weekend (scouting) and still needed stuff for his first aid kit for his first aid merit badge. We went out tonight to get most of it, apart from the 40 inch triangular bandages, which were impossible to buy. I am just going to cut up an old sheet to make those ourselves, there just is no way I am going to spend more time driving around, trying to locate those stupid bandages!

We have a birthday party to go to tomorrow, at least I did pick up a few presents for the birthday girl while we were out. It's a potluck party, I'll just pick up something at the farmer's market tomorrow, maybe a baguette and some goats cheese, because there is no way I am going to manage to prepare anything. It will be fun to go to the party though, and show of my wonderful little baby girl :-)

I was planning on doing more decluttering tomorrow when Sander was home, but with the birthday party, I don't think it will happen. So much to do, so little time! Well, with Sylvia wanting to be held all the time, at least I do get a lot of reading done LOL.

We have one red cherry tomato, our first one!!! And we ate broccoli from our garden for dinner, yummy! I love eating vegetables from our own garden. We have had so much rain lately, that everything is growing really well, especially all the weeds. And we have wonderful bolted spinach, lettuce, and radishes LOL. Tara loves all the flowers on those. For me, they just remind me of all the gardening work I am not getting done, oh well.

No comments: