Saturday, September 20, 2003

Tired!

Today I was pretty tired and nauseated, which is a great sign. I still have my moments of doubt about this pregnancy, whether it really will work out, but the tiredness definitely does help. Although of course, I am also wondering whether I just imagine myself being tired, because I want so badly to be exhausted. I think the wondering never stops after so many miscarriages. I am tremendously enjoying this pregnancy, but at the same time I always know how fragile this can be, and how suddenly it can be over.

I even went to bed today! In the middle of the day, which is totally unlike me. I took a book to read, but I did snooze a bit too. I came upstairs, to fall down on my bed, and then discovered that everything was gone, all the sheets, the pillows, and the comforter, because somebody had peed on them last night... So much for laying down on bed LOL I made a makeshift bed from some other comforters and pillows that were laying around.

When I did my morning hike, to the beaver pond, I felt that I had to go uphill to get back home. I never have problems with that, so that was a bit of a surprise. The beaver pond was fun. I brought my binoculars, so that I could watch birds. Let's just say that I still have some room for improvement in my bird identification skills... I saw at least 30 birds, and I identified about 4 of them, got a better look at a few others, but wasn't sure what they were. I saw a whitebreasted nuthatch and some flycatchers, although I am still not sure what kind of flycatchers. Hmmm, maybe they actually were phoebes. Some day I'll be able to identify all those in the two seconds that I see them. But not yet :-)

Tomorrow will be the farmer's market, when I finally can buy more sweet potatoes. How I have been craving them!!!!!! I am drooling just thinking about them!!! At least I was at a friend's house tonight, were they had squash soup. It was close enough to pumpkin soup, and orange enough, that it did alleviate some of the craving, but not all LOL

No comments: