Thursday, January 17, 2008

Jane's Ears

Today, we had checkup for Jane, to follow up on her otitis media issues. Fluid still was there, nose membrames still were swollen. She did a small hearing test in the office, which she didn't pass for her left ear, and was within normal limits for right.



Since this has gone on for at least four months now, we decided to start treating. First line of attack will be a nose spray with steroids, once a day. Cees was very excited. 'Jane will be on steroids!!! Cool!!!' I explained to them the difference between 'bodybuilder steroids' and the topical ones Jane will be on.

6 comments:

Lana said...

uh oh! I hope you find a cure soon.

Katherine said...

I can't read a post about ears, without asking if she drinks milk? We have had two kids successfully cured of chronic ear infections by eliminating milk from their diets. Just throwing it out there, in case the steroids don't work...

Epijunky said...

Oh my... I hope she feels better soon. I've been there, and my mother has been there (both as children) and it's not fun.

And Cees's response was priceless :)

Anonymous said...

lol!

hope she feels better soon. ow on flying with pained ears...

Me said...

Kathy... that is interesting!

My kids have never really had ear infections. My oldest had her first when she was 4 and maybe had one after that? My son may not have had any and my youngest I think has had just one.

And guess what? My girls are not milk drinkers!!!!!!

We also found this helped with the youngest ones eczema. Milk and dairy equals break outs.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the feedback. Yes, the milk connection definitely is something to look at. We hope it will clear up with the topical steroids, but if not, I will pursue the possible allergy issue.

Karen