Sunday, October 28, 2007

Frigging Cold Caching

It was frigging cold today, makes me wonder why the heck I wanted to live in New England. It looked so innocent. Nice colours, sunny skies, I knew it would be no problem at all taking a bunch of kids caching. That was before I felt the wind. And had to come to terms with the fact that winter is fast approaching. Blech.



We had a great time anyway. Did maintenance on some caches. Figured would be easier to get that done before we get the first foot of snow. (feh, I don't want to even THINK about snow!)



I love this old locomotive.



I also love this public tomb. Yes, I know I am weird, I just love cemeteries and the history surrounding them.



But the best (and weirdest?) thing was this play ground right next to the cemetery.



The kids spent way too much time playing, while I was freezing off my butt and taking pictures of grave stones. Too bad the van was too far away to just abandon the kids and flee to it. It was darned tempting.



Finally made it over back to New Hampshire and found one cache (way to go, Kate!) and the kids had a McDonalds dinner. The people at McDonalds felt so sorry for me that they gave me a coffee. Maybe I should have worn make-up after all :p

2 comments:

FLmom7 said...

LOL, you're complaining about the cold, I'm complaining about the heat (in Florida) and I want to live in New England...it's true what they say, the grass is greener on the other side;-) Too bad we can't switch houses for a while!

veganbaby said...

We cached that day too. It was freaking cold!