Sunday, September 24, 2006

Rain ,Rain!

We had wanted to do some more outside apple projects, but the rain is interfering. Looks like we will be stuck with rain and thunder storms for the rest of the day.

The good news is that I did some aikido outside before the rains even started, when there even still was some sun visible. For a while, I did aikido almost every morning, and felt really good. Life got in the way, and I almost never got around to it anymore, now I am trying to get back into the habit. I feel so happy I did it this morning.

It is a lot easier to be stuck inside if you have had some outside time and sunlight already.

Cleanup day today, so will have to work myself through 5,000 baskets of clean laundry. How can just a few kids generate soooooooooo much laundry?

Updated to add:Erik just came over to me with a glass 'Am I allowed to catch rain water to drink it????' Sure, I guess it will save on our water bill. And I just went to the kitchen to get some tea and saw Erik and Kate both happily playing outside in the rain. Makes me rethink rain as a thing to be annoyed about and forces me to try to find back the joy in it. Maybe later, I'll go out for a walk in the rain. Or maybe I am not that joyful about it yet ^^

No comments: