Sunday, September 17, 2006

Clean Up Day!

Worked myself through eight baskets of clean laundry (with Tara's help) and all the downstairs floors are walkable again, amazing. Our big project for the day was the freezer on top of the fridge, which had not been working well, things tended to melt sometimes. I need to buy a thermometer and play with the settings and figure out what is going on.

I decided that last time I cleaned out this freezer must have been early 2004, since that's the date from which items seemed to start. So many sticky and unrecognizable things, I am glad we finally did this. Do you know what a gooey mess gets made if a lastic bag full of banana mush empties itself? We do!



This is a picture of one of Tara's projects, the cabinet was in desperate need of decluttering (aren't they all??? ^^) She managed to transform it into a cabinet in which you can actually find things.



She discovered we had two waffle irons in there, and has been making waffles quite a few times since then.



It is nice to have kids old enough to make waffles all by themselves. Everyone is enjoying Tara's new skill :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow a photo of your children actually eating food! next thing you'll have a photo of them sleeping ;-)

The saluting made me laugh.

Me said...

He likes to salute, doesn't he? LOL. (My kids noticed that when viewing the photos on your website).

Unknown said...

LOL chris, unlikely that I will get sleep pictures of them, they sleep even less now than when they were younger.

And meritt, yup, he tries to always salute when I have a camera around. Don't ask me why, I have no clue, but it seems to be important to him. ^^

Annelies said...

Oke... help me herinneren dat ik Tara eens uitnodig voor een logeerpartijtje ;-)) Mét wafelijzer.... LOL