Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Flower

Tired!

I am sooooooooooo tired today, not sure why. I think it might be the heat and humidity, somehow this is not my favorite kind of weather. On the other hand, I guess it beats snow storms, but not by much. At least I don't have to shovel... Although, I did spend quite some time weeding today, and you barely can see a difference. Almost the same effect as shoveling during a snow storm :-)

I woke up at 6:30am this morning, and contemplated getting up and walking. I would like to get back into the habit of getting up early, and getting a walk in before any of the kids wakes up, just taking Sylvia in the sling. I used to do that (well, sans Sylvia), but got out of the habit during my pregnancy. I would still walk, but mostly after the kids were awake, or even at night. But this morning, I found that I still was way too tired to get up that early, but hey, at least I was awake! Now I just need to work on the getting up part :-)

Didn't do much today, but I did get a nice dinner cooked somehow. That was about my only indoors accomplishment though, Sylvia wanted me to walk her around and pay attention to her, not do stupid housework. I agree with her on the housework, I just wish that my house would somehow self clean while I paid attention to her :-)

The picture today shows the same flower as yesterday, about a week later. It took me quite a while to figure out what kind of flower it was, it looked so different before it really started blooming. A friend finally recognized it as a purple cone flower, or echinacea. I had been trying to look it up in my books when it was still green and spiky looking, and hadn't been able to find it. Glad she solved the mystery!

No comments: