Thursday, August 12, 2004

Tie Dyeing

We tried tie dyeing today. Had to go around the house to dig up all our white shirts. Our first plan of attack was to hang them from the clothes line and spray the dyes on them, so it would be easy for the kids. That plan had to be ditched when it started raining. And raining. And raining.

Plan B was kitchen table and droppers to drop the paint on the shirts. Actually worked very well, the kids could either drop, or tie, or both. The shirts came out wonderful!

That is, until I washed them, as per instructions... I must have done something wrong, because now I have bluish/ purplish shirts, and all the patterns and all the white is totally gone... They all look kind of the same now. So much for all the work the kids put into it. I still don't know what I did wrong, but it sure is frustrating! I haven't told the kids yet, figured just before falling asleep might not be conducive to a good bedtime... Will show them tomorrow. I feel so bad about messing up all their nice work.

My GPS was supposed to arrive today, but it didn't! Even although UPS tracking claimed that I got it delivered to my front door. It never showed up though, and we were home at the time that it supposedly was delivered. Not happy about it, I emailed amazon about it, but haven't heard back yet.

I found out what has been killing my zucchini plants, I think it's squash beetles. They are extremely ugly and very destructive. I might have exactly one zucchini this year from the 34 plants or so I planted... And they have started on my yellow squashes now. I went out with my trusted Dr Bronner Magic Soap. It worked on the ones that I could hit. But there are soooooooooo many of them, that I am pretty sure I can't have hit them all. Uggg!

My 12yo is still worried about not being my favorite kid. He is sure the 8yo is, for some reason. He comes up with logical explanations like 'If you were in the middle of a big body of water with all of us, and we all would fall overboard, you would only save her!!! That proves that she is the favorite... ' He didn't even ask me who I would save, just assumed! But today's reasoning topped the cake 'I know she is your favorite, because yesterday, you let HER clean the bath rooms, and not me!!!' OK, whatever LOL.

No comments: