Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Concert

It was a dark and stormy night. Or actually, it was a very cold night. It also was the night for Dawn's Christmas concert. I spent some time driving around kids, including dropping off Dawn at her concert location. All was well.

 


I arrived home and had to get her friends and siblings. My van had been giving me problems lately, stalling when it shouldn't, being a big pain in the you-know-what. The garage never can find any issues 'It works just fine, I have no idea what you are talking about, we can't find anything. We replaced one thingamajingy just to make you feel better. That's another $250 thankyouverymuch.' I eyed my van warily and briefly considered leaving it idling since we were leaving in ten minutes for the concert anyway. But the environment, and the polar bears and my natural optimism held me back from doing something so horrible. I turned off the car.

 


To come back ten minutes later, with many kids ready to go to the concert. Turned the key in the ignition. Nothing. Mumbled some not so good language under my breath, and tried again. Nothing. Prayed to the van gods. Nothing. Sent Kate out to kick the car. Nothing. Sacrificed a chicken. Nothing. Turned the key in the ignition again. Nothing.

Gah.

Time to call friends and get rescued. Even if I felt 'guilty' about imposing, I accepted help and we made it to the concert. Almost in time. Apart from missing some of the band concert. Which was ok, since Dawn was in the chorus and we did get to watch all of her concert. All was well again ^^.

The next day, I called the garage and begged them to make the van work again and Christmas magic came to our rescue and it got fixed! I didn't see the bill yet, and not sure whether I want to know.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: