Saturday, August 17, 2013

River Fun

When I was a child, my parents owned a boat. This meant that every weekend from early May till early October had to be spent on the water. There were times when I was unhappy about that, but frankly most of the time it was just fun.

 

I would swim, I would climb trees, I would hike where we had moored the boat, I would hang out with my friends who also were forced to spend every weekend on their parents' boat.

 

My friend and I would pitch a tent and sleep in that at night, or be outside for many hours during the summer nights, watching the stars, stationary and falling ones. The milky way was our constant companion while we talked about life, the universe and everything. Oh, and about boys once we got older :D

 

Anyway, now I am happy to see my kids enjoy the river like I used to enjoy our weekends on the water when I was a kid.

 

Many years ago we got this inflatable boat, but it had been hanging out in our basement while we got distracted by shiny things. This summer we have rediscovered it and have been enjoying it on the Connecticut river.

 

Brady will do his ball fetching while the kids do their boating and everyone is happy.

 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: