Wednesday, October 14, 2009

NECAP Funny

Now that all the kids are in school, we have to deal with these state standardized tests, which includes the NECAP (New England Common Assessment Program). I haven't really put much faith in standardized testing but it seems to be part of the school stuff and the school of course regards it as a big deal. Anyway, they spent a number of days / weeks doing NECAP testing, including today.

 


Erik came home 'We did NECAPs today.'
Me 'Great! How did it go?'
Erik, very nonchalant 'Oh, very easy. It was AMERICAN math!'

I was amused that American math equals easy math in his opinion ^^ I always thought that the whole inches / feet thing was way more complicated than the metric system. Glad Erik doesn't agree.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I thought American math was where you didn't actually have to know how to get the answer, just make good guesses;-). I find those tests weird. My kids do really well and I look at them doing something incredibly stupid and wonder what in the world the other kids are like.