Monday, October 19, 2009

Dinner Table Conversations

You know, before I had kids, I always imagined that we would sit around the dinner table, having uplifting and interesting conversations, sharing our day's happenings, solving the world's problems, listening politely and respectful to each other's stories. It turns out that reality isn't always like that...

 


Instead my kids like to talk about gross things. Tell scary stories starring colorful cows. Hang upside down from the chandelier. Or copy each other or themselves over and over and over and over and over and over.

 


Tell each other to 'please stop talking now!' in somewhat ruder and louder terms. Scream at the top of their lungs when someone scrapes a fork on a plate. Which is quite often when you are actually trying to, you know, EAT at the table.

 


Reality sure is very different from my imagination, but I have decided that my imagination was just boring and that reality is much better and will generate more blog fodder anyway.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: