Monday, August 10, 2009

Cooking

The last few years have been a tad stressful and one of the things I dropped was most of my cooking beyond very boring basic stuff. I didn't really experiment much and didn't try many new recipes, and just was in a kind of cooking funk.

 


Well, somehow that seems to be over now! I looked at my Moosewood cookbook and couldn't decide what I wanted to make. So I handed it over to Dawn and said 'Here, you choose what we eat tonight.' She chose marinated caulifower and macaroni. That turned out quite well.

 


I also have made spicy baked beans with molasses, and parsley mint chutney, and hope to make a Mediterranean lemon soup later this week. Samosas are on the program too. I never realized Moosewood had a samosas recipe!

 


It feels so good to be cooking again. On Friday I had company over and I could offer her a taste of our baked beans before we went shopping with the kids.

 


And all this good food? We eat it at our perfect new (ok new to us ^^) dining room table and enjoy so much food and chatting time around it.

But no, most of my kid still won't eat vegetables. Especially not GREEN ones!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: