Thursday, May 24, 2007

Love is...

Remembering my father, who passed away a few years ago. I still miss him every day.



When I grew up, we lived in a suburban townhouse, with a nice garden in the back. My father loved to work in the garden, and spent a lot of time deciding on what to grow. One of his favorite plants was a bleeding heart plant, which is called 'broken heart' in dutch.



I have fond memories of me as a little girl, being in our yard, him pointing out the flowers of this plant 'Look, they have the shape of a heart, but the heart is broken, and a tear drop is falling out.'



I have planted my own bleeding heart plant in our yard, in memory of my father. It is blooming now, and I smile every time I see it, remember all the good things about him.

Happy Love Thursday, please send love to all around you.

6 comments:

Bongga Mom said...

That's a beautiful flower, and how nice that it holds such loving memories for you.

PastorMac's Ann said...

What a beautiful flower and a wonderful reminder of someone so special. Happy farewell LT.

mardrey said...

That is so special a memory! I have two bleeding heart plants in my front yard that I love. Now I will think of you and your father when I look at them!

Lecterman said...

Beautiful. What a special symbol for your father.

Esma said...

Not without my children

In the middle of civilized Europe, first decade of 21st century, mother and children being forcibly seperated. Children on a run, their only mistake to become baptized, Christians. German Government closing blind eyes. Who we are? Where are we going to? Is EU the same place that we been fighting for through ages?

Please visit this site and leave your comments. Every voice and opinion counts.

http://petition.germanasylum.de/WordPress/

Jody said...

You look just like your father, Karen.

Lovely memory.