Thursday, July 26, 2012

Random Snippets

Sylvia is doing a dance camp (same as Dawn, only in a younger group) and thoroughly enjoying it. Tap dance is her favorite. "I like how you have to use your brain and it is really hard, but also really easy at the same time!'

We made a quick but productive farmer's market stop today, which solved all my today's "It is 5:15pm and I have no idea what to make for dinner" problems.

 

We FINALLY have a local place where you can buy falafel sandwiches. At the farmer's market, so we might have to live without them for the winter. For now we are really enjoying them!

We still have 19 pianos to find before the end of the month, I hope we will be able to make our goal of finding all 50. Today was Very Rainy, so not a good piano hunting day.

 

I found a new easy chair at our thrift store today and Sylvia is so happy with it that she insisted on sleeping in it. Didn't seem very comfortable to me for night time sleep, but she is sleeping, so I guess it works. Or maybe dance tired her out so much that she would sleep anywhere.

Cees and Tim are visiting the Netherlands, they should be arriving there around this time.

 

Last week goal was to make crepes and I actually managed to make them and now can put them on my 'easy sweet or savory treat' list. This week's goal is to make Eggplant Parmesan or whatever you call it, so I got an eggplant at the farmer's market today. Let's see whether I actually managed to prepare it.

I am addicted to the fresh carrots we get at the farmer's market, they are just PERFECT. My most blissful moments are when I have a good book and some of those carrots to eat and can do so outdoors on MY deck.

Argh, it is almost midnight, when did that happen? Time for bed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: