Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lazy Day

Today I had a perfectly lazy day, after a totally crazy week of driving from A to B via R and T. I didn't have to be anywhere at a certain time. I only had one kid drop off. I didn't even have 300 phone calls like on weekdays.

 

I wrote letters to Kate and Sylvia at camp and dropped them off at the post office.

 

I made a quick stop at the library and found a Jodi Picoult book I hadn't read before and an interesting sounding financial book.

 

I unlocked Sylvia's laptop, which wasn't a lot of work, but involved a lot of waiting for restarting and recovering actions and such. She is going to be so happy when she comes home and has her very own usable laptop (she participated in this program where she got tutored in math, and if she did the required X hours, she would get to keep the laptop in the end)

 

I mowed the lawn. It was hot and sweaty, but I so enjoyed mowing my very own lawn now that we don't have to move anymore. I started reading the Jodi Picoult book and got gripped by the story as always.

 

Mowed more of the lawn and did some weeding in my veggie garden. I watered so many plants since we haven't had rain for over a week.

 

Read more of the book, did some cleaning up, made a nice lunch, more reading, more cleaning, more watering, I just felt so relaxed today. I had good flow in getting things done and in lazing around with a book and a cup of tea.

 

Picked up some groceries so that Dawn will have fixings to take lunch to her dance camp next week.

 

It was a perfectly lazy day, not because I didn't get anything done (because I did tons of stuff) but because I didn't have to do anything of it at a certain time or location, and I could just pick and choose what I felt like doing right now.

 

Life is good!

 

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: