Friday, February 06, 2004

The Prenatal That Wasn't

I was supposed to have a prenatal last Wednesday, but we had a snow storm instead... I spent the morning shoveling instead of going to the midwife. Oh well...

I was going to update my blog after that prenatal. So that never happened either. I considered waiting till after my prenatal anyway, but it was rescheduled for next Friday, so decided not to have you all wait that long :-)

I did talk to my midwife, and they said that my former backup obs are reconsidering, because they feel bad about turning people away from their care. I was happy to hear that, since they would be much better than our local teaching hospital. I am compiling all the research showing that I am not as much at risk as they fear me to be. I plan on putting it up on a web page once I have compiled it all, so that other people can use it too. There isn't that much out there about birthing options after myomectomy. Heck, most web pages say 'VBACs are not allowed if you have had a myomectomy'. This is NOT supported at all by current research, it just seems to be 'fear of litigation' medicine.

Good news, my paperwhites are blooming! Every time I see them, I smile, and think about my angel babies. The amaryllis isn't doing much yet, it will be a while before that one blooms. The 'old' amaryllis has sent up another stalk though, and I have four flowers blooming on there. Two more are unfolding.Very beautiful!

I did lots of baking today. 24 blueberry muffins, 17 banana chocolate chip ones, and 8 scallion biscuits. I think there are exactly 2 muffins and 2 biscuits leftover... I made split pea soup, to eat tonight, and to freeze some for a friend who has a baby shower tomorrow. It's a food shower, we are supposed to bring a frozen meal. I also bought a very cute diaper cover for her, couldn't resist :-)

The baby is kicking a lot now, I just love love love it. I am so looking forward to meeting this little one! Although he's due in the middle of planting season, so I guess going overdue would be a good thing, but that doesn't seem to be a problem here. Never have had any baby arrive before the due date :-)

No comments: