Tuesday, January 19, 1999

My Midwife Visit

I had a midwife's visit on Tuesday. I had lost 2 lbs since 2 weeks ago! Also, my uterus size was still the same, but she thought the baby was the right size and had dropped somewhat already. It was a nice visit, the kids behaved really well and didn't get into any fights about toys. She checked my iron which had gone up a little and I had spilled some sugar in my urine, so she gave me test strips to monitor at home. If I spill it too often, she recommended doing the GTT. She told me they don't use the glucola drink, they use the one where you come in in the morning before eating anything, they draw your blood, then you go out, get breakfast and come back and they draw blood again.

The baby is nicely head down and not posterior any more. All the kids listened with the fetoscope to the heart beat. It was fun to watch them concentrate on the sound. Jane looked so seriously!

One more office visit and then they will do a home visit. Nice, then I don't have to go out! :-)

We chatted some about how things were going and then the hour was over and I went to the store to get some more 50 lbs bags of salt, since our driveway is incredibly icy!!!

No comments: