Saturday, August 04, 2012

I am Woman...

... hear me roar!

Today I went to the thrift store and found a nice hutch for my dining room. I had them load it into my car, but when I came home no one was at home. Neither did my friend pick up her phone.

 

I figured I had two choices. I could either leave the hutch in my car, and unload it late tonight, or tomorrow morning when the kids would be home.

Or I could try to unload it by myself.

Never having been known for the virtue of patience, I chose the second option. I heard thunder in the distance, and quite close by too, so I was very motivated to get it done NOW. Before the rain started. Even if in hindsight it never did, darn it.

 

It wasn't super easy, but it wasn't impossible either, and the feeling of accomplishment I have from doing this all by myself is exhilarating.

One of the drawer knobs was only half attached, but the missing screw actually was inside the drawer so I fixed that.

Now we have a great place to put placemats, napkins and other items we need for setting the table.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: