Friday, June 15, 2012

Container Gardening

Even although I have a 'real' veggie garden now, I am also enjoying some container gardening, just because I can. I have three tomato plants right next to each other in such a way that we can walk out onto our deck and pick fresh tomatoes. Will be heaven! One of them is blooming now, so it won't be long before it starts producing.
 
Now that the house is mine, I want to make a formal herb garden, but it will take some time to think about it, design it and implement it, and I am too impatient to wait for it. So for now I am putting some herbs in containers, which has a number of advantages
 1. Convenience, since the deck is so close to the kitchen;
 2. Efficiency, since there is less weeding to be done;
 3. The herb planter just looks good and makes me feel very organized.

 
Kate planted this planter, mostly with herbs we got from our local farmer's market. Rosemary, lavender, anise, and parsley. How perfect!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: