Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day The Early Hours

I have the best kids ever. I had such a wonderful Mother's Day. It started really early in the morning. Cees had to work at 7am, so I planned on getting up at 6am. Tara had been asking me 'Mama, what time do you plan on getting up on Sunday?' so I suspected she wanted to do something for breakfast. But I expected that the reality of getting up before 6am would beat her desire of making me a Mother's Day breakfast. Heck, I know it would for me, I value my sleeping time ^^

How I underestimated her persistence and determination. She actually did get up at 5am, and prepared waffle batter and more for breakfast. She made me raspberry waffles, and when I got up, I got greeted by this:



My chair had a present positioned on it, and when I opened it, this came out:



Not sure why she chose it, and I decided not to dig too deep into the reasoning ^^

We had a good breakfast before I had to run out to get the boys to McDonalds. She had more batter ready in the fridge, so that she could make chocolate chip waffles when the little ones would wake up. That was only the start of a super Mother's Day.

5 comments:

Petra said...

Wat superlief van Tara, zeg! Laat ook zien, hoe dol ze op hun moeder zijn.

Jody said...

Aww. What a wonderful brakfast.

I had to LOL about not wanting to dig too deep.

I am so impressed that your girls will cook like that. My boys will cook, but I doubt they would fit it all together from start to finish like that.

FLmom7 said...

How sweet! I'm glad you had a Happy Mother's Day!

Me said...

I thought of you on Mother's Day even though I didn't make it to any blogs.

:)

Unknown said...

OMG... THat Mothers day present was just about the best thing I have ever seen! I love the way you raise children. I strive for it daily, I hope mine turn out to be as funny and creative yours.