Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Beaver Pond

Today, I decided to hike to our local beaver pond for my walk.



When we moved here, about eight years ago, there still were beavers living in this pond. But in a few years, they moved away, and the pond is slowly getting smaller now. I have seen musk rats a few times, not sure whether they still live here, I haven't seen them yet this year.

It is a great place to hang out, today I just sat on a fallen down tree and meditated for a while. Taking in the texture of the woods, listening to the sounds of the pond. I could feel calmness entering me, and focused on my breathing and just on being.



I would like to make pictures of the beaver pond every month of the year, to show the progression of the seasons. Today were the first ones in the series.

I love living in a place where I can hike to a pond like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! they r cute beavers! ^_^