Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy New Year!!!

We had a wonderful New Year's Eve. Kids stayed up, we did sparklers, we drank champagne and sparkling apple juice, and we made oliebollen. I had a lot of baking to do yesterday, nothing like waiting till the last moment. So no, I did not get everything done, but I just can't care too much. We'll just have a later than usual gingerbread house. I baked it yesterday, and today we assembled it. Tomorrow, it will be decorated, and then a few days later, we'll get out the hammer and destroy it! Yes, I know that's our New Year's day tradition, but life just got too much in the way, oh well.

I know a new year should come with new year's resolutions, but I can't really think of any so far. Am I really that boring of a person? I know it's not that I am perfect already, so wouldn't need resolutions. Hmmm, maybe it's just because I consider myself a hopeless case, too set in my ways :-)

Today, we tried to finish the baking that didn't get done. At least we got the new year's eve cake baked, now it still needs to be frosted. Did I mention that I have felt a bit overwhelmed lately? OK, maybe more than a bit. There just are so many things that need to happen, and only 24 hours in a day. And I'd rather be caching anyway. At least I had a few cachers over for an afternoon of gaming earlier this week. That was a lot of fun. But I really want to be out and hiding or finding caches, and that just isn't happening. At least I get my daily walk in, but it isn't the same :-)

Sylvia is pulling up to stand way too often now, she doesn't understand that she's too little. She just is so darned cute. She came down with a fever tonight, that explains why she was so fussy during the day, never sleeping more than 5 or 10 minutes. She now is asleep on my lap, but keeps startling herself awake. Poor little one.

No comments: