Friday, January 14, 2005

Happy Birthday, Erik!

Four years ago, my youngest son was born. It is hard to imagine how fast the time has flown, I look at him, trying to remember that tiny newborn, who was born in the birthing tub upstairs. I try to remember how helpless he was, and how tiny. How many hours I spent, just holding him, falling in love with him.

Now he is four years old, and not as tiny anymore. He spends a lot of time running around, always finding something interesting to explore. He has a love / hate relationship with his sister Kate, they either play very nicely together, or fight very bitterly. This can alternate within minutes.

He had a wonderful birthday. A very much wanted gameboy, a brio train track. some dinosaurs, and more. He had a store bought cake, his request, maybe just a tiny bit influenced by me asking him when we were close to the cake display at the supermarket. I am feeling overwhelmed enough that I thought this was a perfect choice.

I asked him who he wanted to invite to his party. 'Papa. Mama. Cees. Tim. Tara. Jane... But not Kate!!!' Hmmmm, I guess he just had been in a fight with Kate. We'll go to a local museum tomorrow.

I made it to 15th kyu on the go server, one step close to first dan!

No comments: