Monday, November 17, 2003

A Very Special Present

Today, the mailman brought a very special present from a good friend. It was a small package, and Tara was waiting impatiently for me to open it, because she was waiting for a Yu Gi Oh card she had ordered last week. It was wrapped really really well, so it took me a while to open it, and I hadn't really looked at the sender closely, because I was expecting either Tara's card, or some other things I had ordered on line.

Finally, I got it so that I could open it. There was one of those small jewelry boxes inside, and a card. I first read the card, it was a congratulations on reaching my second trimester. How thoughtful! How amazing that she was able to send that card because this pregnancy is working out! I opened the box, and there was a necklace, with a doe and her fawn on it. Wow! How appropriate and how perfect!

I am wearing it now, and every time I look at it, I smile. Both about my pregnancy, and about having such a good friend who has been there through the whole miscarriages mess and now is sharing in my pregnancy joy. And Tara liked the deer so much, that she didn't even mind that her Yu Gi Oh card wasn't in the package, she thought that this necklace was really, really cool.

I think I am starting to feel less nauseous, but definitely not less exhausted. At least I am getting a lot of reading done, which is good, because I am trying to get accredited as a LLL Leader and that involves a lot of reading. Just finished the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding and got started on the 'Breastfeeding: Biocultural Perspectives' which I have wanted to read for ages. Very interesting!

No comments: