Sunday, July 21, 2013

Monkey Bread

Many years ago a good friend taught me how to make monkey bread. It involves bread and butter and sugar, so it tastes really good. We used to eat it pretty regularly.

But then for some reason we stopped eating it and recently I found out that the younger kids didn't even remember the monkey bread or anything about it at all! Time to fix that!

 

We used a different recipe, which called for baking in a tube pan and I have discovered that that does not work with our tube pans / oven because all the butter and sugar and some bread bubbled out and led to some interesting results... involving the smoke alarm and quite a lot of oven cleanup.

Next time I am just going to use a normal baking pan again!

Happy that my younger kids now know about monkey bread! You know, cultural literacy and such.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: