Monday, March 15, 2004

The bunny cake

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's my birthday today! So now I am even more advanced in my maternal age LOL. The kids were a lot more excited about the whole birthday than I am. Got lots of presents this morning. New binoculars, The Cake Bible, chocolate (yum!), a pocket knife, and a bunch of books (including a new Terry Pratchett one)

A good friend came over with yet another present, a nice set of note cards to write letters, which I have really been into this last year. And two other good friends called me from the Netherlands, I was amazed that they remembered that today was my birthday!

We always have the birthday person pick their cake, and Erik had told me that I had to pick a bunny cake. I still had a bunny cake pan from last year Easter, so that was an easy one to do. I know it's a bit silly to have a bunny cake for your 38yo birthday, but nobody seemed to mind LOL. I made a devil's food cake with buttercream frosting. And found out that my artistic skills in drawing the bunny contours on the cake still need a lot of improvement :-)

He also had asked for 'sticky bunbuns', so I figured I would make them too. This is his word for cinnamon buns with fondant glaze, which are indeed quite sticky :-) Tara and Jane decided that they rather had normal sandwiches though, oh well :-)

The girls made party hats for all of us, so I was stuck wearing a party hat while opening my presents :-) They had made a paper crown for when we were eating the cake.

All in all we had a great day, I spent a lot of time drooling over The Cake Bible. Tara and Tim already picked their birthday cakes, and Erik has picked at least 3 of them for his birthday... LOL.
But of course, the best birthday present of all, is our miracle baby. I am just so thrilled that things finally are working out! Couldn't have asked for anything better for my birthday!


Ready to open the presents!


No comments: