Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Mystery Geese

As you all know, I love birding, so I am always excited to see new birds I don't recognize. Heck, I am excited about seeing any birds, even if I do recognize them :)

When we were visiting family in Long Island, we were having dinner and noticed these geese:


Cool! I had never seen them before. What could they be? The only American geese I know by heart ironically enough are Canada geese and also snow geese, but these weren't either of them.

I took pictures to identify them later and we resumed our excellent meal at the White Cap Fish Market.


A few days later we were there again because we loved the location of this restaurant and were looking forward to seeing 'our' geese again. They still did not look like Canada geese...


Nope, they looked very different indeed. As in they were with their parents and suddenly the mystery was solved!


Yup, they were baby swans! So much for seeing exciting new geese! Oh well, I guess it confirms that I still have a lot of room for growth in my birding skills.



Check out some of my older posts about geese:

No comments: