Saturday, October 20, 2012

Geese

Yes, it's that time of the year. Almost every day I have heard and seen geese flying over, on their way South to warmer regions.

 

I got lucky and found some next to one of our local roads so had the opportunity to make some pictures. It was just two of them, but they were very willing to pose for the camera.

 

Yesterday was a very rainy day, but today we are back to beautiful fall weather. I think I'll take out the dog for a quick hike through the local woods because it would be a shame to be indoors on such a glorious day!

 

I wish I could fly South with the geese though. They make me long for trips to see more of the US. I hope to go to Philadelphia maybe this winter and we have another Washington DC trip planned.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wendy said...

We have so many here they are considered pests in some areas (like those precious golf courses...). They have gotten used to people enough that they can be a little aggressive sometimes.

Unknown said...

Haha, a golf course pest indeed ^^
We saw quite a few a few weeks ago, but mostly flying over, there weren't that many who took a break here.

And of course, when they did,I didn't have my camera with me :p