Thursday, September 27, 2018

Hoping for a Boring Day!

As you might remember, I got diagnosed with multiple sclerosis last year and have been working on dealing with it, challenging it and trying medication for it. My favorite way of challenging it was learning to surf in Hawai'i, my least favorite way was starting copaxone, which meant three times weekly injections.

Me, on a surf board in the ocean, doing my darndest best to stand up!


Because the copaxone did not work, so today I am trying out a new for me medication, called gilenya. The good thing about it is that it is oral, so no more needles involved. The bad thing about it is that there are more possible side effects, one of them being it lowering your heart rate. To make sure it doesn't slow too much, or doesn't come back up, I have to spend the day in the hospital just to take the first dose.

An MS Challenge: Hiking with my husband, my daughter and her boy friend.


So here I am, stuck in a small room in the neurology clinic, after taking my first dose a while ago. I am hoping for a very boring day. So far, I have had two blood pressure / heart rate checks and I am still passing. When I pass the rest of the day, I will get an EKG and can start taking gilenya daily at home.

Beautiful red flower, I used to know the name


Send vibes for a very boring day in which I can catch up on important things like blogging and facebook! I might even try to master pinterest.

UPDATE: I passed!!!! It was happily boring. My heart rate went down somewhat longer than they liked, so I got to stay seven hours instead of six. But I can take the gilenya now and hopefully that will stop the progression of my multiple sclerosis. Thanks for all the good thoughts and vibes, they clearly did help!


No comments: