Saturday, April 27, 2013

I Love Spring!

Being Dutch, I make sure we always have spring bulbs planted. These were the first to wake up.

 

I wish it was warm enough to plant the bulbs for this summer, but we still have occasional frost at night. So instead I planted broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas and some container tomatoes, so that I can take those in when they forecast a frost.

 

Also planted a bunch of herbs. I love cooking with fresh herbs!

 

And my garlic sprouted! I planted it last fall, on a cold, windy day when I was sad about gardening season about over. But now the planting pays off and I have baby garlic plants to show that yes, spring is here!

 

Meanwhile the kids are enjoying the good weather.

 

It is nice to see my kids climbing trees, just like I used to do all the time when I was a kid.

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lady Blackheart said...

Wow Karen, It seems like yesterday that your girls were wee babies! I do miss chatting in irc with you!
Ohhhh I planted a ton of garlic too!

hugs and kisses to everyone!!!

Wendy M.