Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Bird Identification Challenge

Yesterday, we had a visiting bird which I didn't recognize. Which tells a lot more about my lousy memory than about the rareness value of the bird.



In an earlier life, I would have grabbed my bird book and looked up what kind of bird it was. Heck, I am pretty sure that I must have looked up this particular kind of bird before.

But in my current life, I have NO idea where my bird book is, nor did I have the time or energy to actually look for it and figure out the bird. My uneducated guess is some female finch.

My reader's challenge for the day is finding out what kind of bird it is. If you get it right, you will win a trip to Paris, a HD tv, a bird book, a honorable mention in one of my next blog posts. I am sure you all are eager to rise to the challenge!

Oh... Well, I could hope.



Showing the bird with a grey squirrel for size comparison. If it helps, we are in New England.

Whatever it was, it was a cute bird and I enjoyed seeing it.

And yes, I do realize that posting about this bird, and downloading all the pics, and making up the challenge, is actually more work than looking up the darned bird, but I never claimed to be a very logical person.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

My guess is that it is a female Rose Breasted Grosbeak. I hope you see the males soon - they are beautiful!