Monday, September 27, 2010

Sick Kids

Week 3 of sick kids and counting. No one is horribly sick, but sick enough to have to be home from school. They get banned from school for things like throwing up in the hallway or their lunchbox, and then can't be at school for 24 hours, even if they feel better after a few hours.

 


This is where lack of cable television can be an incentive to find one's own entertainment. My kids seem to be drawn towards baking when they are home sick. Over the last few weeks I have had a wonderful variety of baked goods thanks to all the fall illnesses.

 


Erik made biscuits ('I was reading this book, mom and they gave a biscuit recipe so I wanted to try it'). Dawn made tortilla chips from scratch ('Why is there never anything good to eat in this house? I will just make my own tortilla chips') and Kate tried her hand at making pizzelles.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: