Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dandelion Girl

Our yard always is filled with dandelions at this time of the year. I like the sunlike colour and of course the kids love the puffheads to blow. A few days ago I had mowed the front lawn, there were no dandelions yet. The next day, which was very sunny, must have woken up the dandelions. They were all over the place. Yellow splotches of colour on the green grassy carpet.

 

I have read that this is the time to plant potatoes, when the dandelions bloom, but I have to admit that I haven't made it that far yet in my gardening endeavors. I did plant four more tomato plants and a bunch of marigolds today though. And transplanted some forsythia seedlings which were trying to overpower an apple tree.

 

Kate worked on a nice path in between the two veggie beds, by putting down cardboard and covering it with mulch. It is starting to look really good.

This week's gardening plans include potatoes and basil. And I might have to mow the lawn once or twice or thrice or ...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: