Thursday, August 14, 2008

Love is Good Friends

Please bear with me while I go sappy on y'all. Today I want to share how blessed I am with many, many good friends.

Good friends who keep me company on long car rides, and even drive my car, so I can sit and chat and relax.

Good friends who help me clean my house.

Good friends who give my kids rides when I need a break, or when I am yet again overbooked.



Good friends who lend a shoulder and a listening ear, and who feel comfortable talking about their own struggles so I can return the favor to them when they need it.

Good friends who give me chocolate and homemade pickles.

Good friends who walk with me when I need some grounding, and to talk about life, the universe, and everything.

Good friends who support me in my interesting times.



Good friends who remind me that sleep is not only for the weak, but even more so for the strong.

Good friends who teach me how to negotiate.

Good friends who give me tea.

Good friends who call to check in on how I am doing.

My most beautiful compliment of the day 'You set such a fine example of embracing life. Your resiliency is uplifting and inspiring. I'm glad to have you as a friend as you stride through the world.' Wow, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. My friends sure do rock!



Happy Love Thursday!

5 comments:

veganbaby said...

So sweet! Happy Love Thursday to you!!! We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

the love of friends who are like family is worthy of a months worth of LT in my opinion ! thanks for the photos.

renee @ FIMBY said...

Love that shot of your son (I assume) dumping that pail of water on his brother (I also assume). Sounds like you are blessed with wonderful friends, what a gift!

Unknown said...

Thank you all.

I really really miss you guys, veganbaby, and Sylvia always comments on D when I read your blog.

And Renee, almost right, it was a friend dumping the water on my son ^^ I just loved that shot so much, it is one of those 'being in right place at right time' kind of shots. Well, at least, I was in the right place, maybe my son wasn't :D

Karen

ELK said...

"Good friends who remind me that sleep is not only for the weak, but even more so for the strong. \"
that is such a true quote and your post really spoke to me today!