Saturday, April 11, 2009

Geocaching III

When we were geocaching in the woods, after at least half an hour of bushwacking through the snow and brush, uphill both ways, barefoot, we were surprised by a pack of very nice dogs, who were walking with their handlers.

 


I think it was a doggie daycare type of situation. One of the human members of the pack was wearing a shirt indicating such.

 


One of the dogs discovered a chipmunk hole and spent quite some time digging for the chipmunk, even although I am sure said chipmunk was looking from the top of the nearby trees and going nah nah nah nah nah nah!

 


The dogs loved me so much, because I had treats for Giant in my pockets. They kept coming up to me and sniffing my pocket. I was sorry we didn't have Giant with us on this particular geocaching trip. But there will be many spring and summer geocaching hikes with Giant, so we'll just have to hope to meet sweet dogs like this again.

 


It feels good to get back into geocaching!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: