Monday, April 18, 2005

Purple Cockroaches

Sylvia
Yes, purple cockraches! Bet you had never heard of them, had you? I hadn't either, till, about a week ago, Jane ran into the house excitedly. 'Mama, mama!! I found some purple cockroaces!!!'. Now I might not be the world's greatest housekeeper, but I am not that bad that cockroaches usually are an issue. So I was kind of puzzled, thinking she might have seen a purpish beetle or so.

We went outside, I figured the beetle might have long flown away by now. But no, she led me to this patch of flowers, and, happily pointing to the crocuses 'See!!! Purple cockroaches!!!' :-)

Things have been a bit hectic here, lots of stuff going on. Sylvia is growing up way too fast, walking, signing, climbing, and just a joy to be around. I had a birthday party with my very own birthday cache, Kate had her birthday party with a store bought easter egg cakes and bunny ice cream cake. We cut Kate's hair, we went caching, we did all kinds of wonderful things. Oh, I played go too.

I will try to keep up a little better, I did need some time to myself, to process some stuff that was going on. Hope to be back now.

No comments: